Course Description: This 4-day Business Analyst training course will give you hands-on experience with the latest proven techniques for identifying a project’s scope, developing and discovering requirements and uses cases, and documenting them expertly. Lively lectures combined with insightful demonstrations and realistic practice exercises will provide you with the competence and confidence to improve project outcomes through better requirements elicitation and use case development.
You’ll gain a thorough understanding of the challenges faced in defining correct requirements, practical approaches for eliciting and documenting requirements, and strategies for managing requirements throughout the project life cycle. If you play a role in defining project scope, capturing requirements, or managing project scope, you can’t afford to miss this course!
2. The BA Profession
3. The Business Case for Requirements Engineering
4. Foundations of Requirements Engineering
1. Project Initiation
2. Eliciting High-level and Mid-level Requirements
3. Scope Modeling
1. Eliciting Detailed Requirements
2. Documenting Requirements with Use Cases
3. Improving Use Case Quality
4. Improving Requirements Quality
1. Creating the Solution Requirements Documentation
2. Requirements Communication and Management
The Business Analysis Profession
● IIBA® and the BABOK®
● What is Business Analysis
● Business and Solution Domains—how they relat
● Key roles in requirements developmen
● The competencies of the Business Analys
● Distinguishing novice and expert Business Analyst
● Effective communication
● Six important BA skill
● Practice session
The Business Case for Good Requirement
● What is a good requirement?
● Requirements attributes—who needs them?
● Key practices that promote excellent requirements
● The cost of requirements errors
● Requirements engineering overview
● Practice sessions
Foundations of Requirements Development
● Key terms in requirements development
● A strategy for analyzing systems
● Common requirement-classification schemes
● The three parts of a system
● Levels and types of requirements
● The importance of traceability
● Understanding the business context of projects
● Practice sessions
Project Initiation: Eliciting High-level and Mid-level Requirements
● Understanding product vision and project scope
● Identifying and describing project stakeholders
● Modeling the business
● Identifying systems and actors
● Determining scope
● Understanding and identifying use cases
● Taking the Agile approach: writing user stories
● Identifying and defining data
● Documenting business rules
● Finding quality attributes
● Practice sessions
Improving Requirements Quality
● Requirements quality
● Common problems with requirements
● Analyze for ambiguity
● Requirements inspection, analysis and improvement
● Defining and documenting the project scope
● Practice sessions
Eliciting Detailed Requirements
● Overview of requirements-elicitation techniques
● Decompose processes to lowest levels
● Document analysis
● Modeling processes to generate interview questions
● Interviewing the stakeholders
● Documenting the interview and resulting requirements
● Adding detail to requirements we already have
● Refine and rewrite for clarity
● Practice sessions
Documenting Requirements with Use Cases
● Use case basics
● Ways to identify use cases
● Use cases and requirements
● Usage narrative
● Anatomy of a fully dressed use case
● Writing effective use case narratives
● Understanding sub-use cases
● Linking use cases for larger or more complex systems
● Use case quality
● Avoiding common traps and pitfalls
● Practice sessions
Packaging and Presenting Requirements
● Organizing and packaging requirements
● Presenting requirements for review
● Baselining the requirements
● Getting to consensus and approval
● Conduct formal and informal reviews
● Documenting requirements in a Requirements Specification
● Practice sessions
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
● Bridge the expectations gap between business stakeholders and technology solution providers
● Enhance business analysis techniques to reduce project cost
● Implement practical methods for understanding user requirements
● Improve your requirements elicitation, development and documentation
● Understand and describe the business environment in which a project exists
● Explore proven tactics for managing project scope
● Focus on discovering root causes, not just symptoms
● Gain tools and techniques for developing more precise requirements
● Practice state-of-the-art business and system modeling techniques
● Organize and categorize project requirements
● Quickly identify accurate use cases for new or enhanced business systems
● Produce high-quality, readable use case documentation
● Avoid common use case traps and pitfalls
● Overcome real-world challenges that confront today’s Business Analysts
YOU'RE INVITED! A giant outdoor yoga class + live concert by Trevor Hall + live talk, also with Trevor!!! And our first ever Wellness Garden (think chair massage, acupuncture, reiki) and a Kids Corner (a bubbleologist & fun games!). GET YOUR TICKET NOW AND SAVE $10!! PROMO CODE: earlybird
Your ticket purchase is a donation to fund initiatives that support youth social justice efforts for foster youth and refugee families at the Mexico/CA border.
Meet our 2019 presenters: Yoga Teachers Amy Opielowski, Beth O'Reilly and Kim Bauman, Meditation led by Dallas Kacev, DJ Jon Beezy, and Singing Bowls with John Beck.
TICKETS: We seek full sponsorship so that your entire ticket purchase is a donation towards the cause.Gen Admission*: $35 or $108 (all tix are a donation! choose your donation amount!)
Group of 4 tix $100
Kids $20* ages 6-12 (for ages 13+ pls purchase Gen Admission)
*Valid until 7/31, save $10 with promo code: earlybird
Help us spread the word!! RSVP on the Facebook invite!!
Pre-party @ 8am! Come early for the live broadcast (our version of a red carpet hour!!), save your mat space, check out our Wellness Garden, Vendors, and Kids Corner. The event will start promptly at 9am.
INTERESTED IN MAKING THIS EVENT HAPPEN, LITERALLY? We are seeking financial sponsorship and vendors!! Please check out our sponsor packet and vendor packet.
Our Sponsors - THANK YOU!!!In a world of just getting-by where the struggle can really seem real, we are SO GRATEFUL and would like to acknowledge the big hearts of five new sponsors!!!! Thank you to Iskra Tsenkova, Angel Shave Club, Jenn Von Stauffenberg, Olive Creative Strategies, Steve Welty, Good Life Property Management, Ty & Anga Vachon, Ready to Teach Yoga, and Joey Eves, Coastal Tree Care. Huge acknowledgement to our behind-the-scenes team: Traci Altman and Forrest Harrop.
CAN'T MAKE IT? Share this event with your friends or donate and support the cause. Click HERE to donate.
OUR MISSION One Love Movement brings people together to take action and build support for projects advancing social justice for kids.
OUR VISION A single community has the power to improve the lives of many around the world. Our vision for social justice begins here, in the community, when those who work to create change and those who seek to support it are empowered and united in a common cause.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US, please visit: www.onelovemovement.org
PARKING: There are two $10 garages close by. First is underground the Waterfront Park (enter Ash St), second is 715 Cedar St. (corner Cedar & Kettner)
WHAT TO BRING? Wear clothes to practice yoga in, bring your ticket (electronic is preferable), yoga mat, water bottle, towel, sunscreen.
You’re invited to REGISTER for LAUNCH Academy Summer Nutritional Academic Camp!
To take advantage of this opportunity click on REGISTER to start your application process.
The application MUST BE COMPLETED by 5:00pm on June 21, 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: You are submitting an application; this does not guarantee a spot in the LAUNCH Academy Summer Enrichment Program. You will receive a separate confirmation if your application is accepted.
You will need to complete all enrollment requirements for your child to retain a spot in the LAUNCH Academy Program.
Read All Program Details Carefully.
QUESTIONS: Contact Baldwin Bethany CDC at [email protected] or give us a call at (213) 392-9317.
LAUNCH ACADEMY SUMMER NUTRITIONAL ACADEMIC CAMP (K-8)
June 24 - August 2, 2019
8:00am - 1:00pm
RJ Community Education Center4115 West Martin Luther King Jr. BoulevardLos Angeles, CA 90008
Enrichment Program This FREE program will allow your child the opportunity to be taught by certified instructors and set them up for success in the Fall!
STEM Curriculum A STEM curriculum will be delivered by certified instructors from the UCLA Math Project and the UCLA Science Project Teams.
Participants will be grouped by the following grade levels to receive focused attention:
Grades 1 & 2
Grades 7 & 8
8:00am - 8:45am | Sign-in / Breakfast Served
9:00am - 12:00pm | STEM Projects and Exploration
12:00pm - 1:00pm | Lunch Served / Sign-Out
Field Trips will also be scheduled throughout the 6-week program. Parents/Guardians will receive notification and release forms prior to the field trips.
LAUNCH ACADEMY SNAC WILL BE CLOSED ON JULY 4th
To be considered for the LAUNCH Academy you must meet ALL the following application requirements:
1) Complete the LAUNCH Academy online application.
2) Submit the essay to LAUNCH Academy via email at [email protected]
3) Attend the mandatory Parent/Guardian Orientation on June 01, 2019.
4) Submit all required paperwork at Parent/Guardian Orientation.
_________________________________________________________________ ESSAY SUBMISSION
The goal of the LAUNCH Academy is to provide programming that empowers its participants by providing educational programs and activities rooted in Leadership, Academic Excellence, Unleashing Potential, Nutritional Health, College Bound, and High Self-Esteem principles.
To complete the registration for LAUNCH Academy SNAC Program 2019, choose one topic below and write a short essay. Submit by June 21, 2019 to be considered for Open Registration. Your essay should be submitted as follows;
√ Typed in size 12 font
√ Email the essay to [email protected]
√ Email Subject line should read: LAUNCH Academy Essay–Student's name
Example: LAUNCH Academy Essay – John Doe
Registration is first-come, first-serve. Submit essay to complete application.
K through 2nd Grade | Parents may complete the essay for student(s)
3rd and 4th Grade | Parents may assist their student(s) with the essay
5th through 8th Grade | Students will need to complete the essay
ESSAY TOPICS | K through 2nd Grade Levels (35 – 75 Words)
Rain is moisture that falls from the sky. Ask your student to describe what they like to wear, see, hear, eat and drink on rainy days. What are some of their favorite things to do on rainy days?
An astronaut is a space traveler. Ask your student to share why they would make a good astronaut. Describe what activities your student would do as an astronaut.
ESSAY TOPICS | 3rd and 4th Grade Levels (200 – 300 Words)
There are great scientists that make our world wonderful. NASA scientists such as Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan or Mary Jackson as shown in the movie; Hidden Figures. Or, agricultural scientists like George Washington Carver who invented over 300 products from peanuts, including some peanut based medicines. If you could become an expert in science what would it be? How would you use your expertise to improve your community and/or the future?
There are many leaders who are caring and committed to a cause. Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King cared about civil rights and committed themselves to that cause. Write about something that you care about. How would you lead others to also care about your cause?
ESSAY TOPICS | 5th through 8th Grade Levels (200 – 300 Words)
Think back on your favorite principal, teacher or coach and the way they taught. What did this person teach you? How did this person make a positive impact in your life? What lesson(s) learned will help carry you through college, life?
Think of a leader you admire and share the accomplishments and qualities that make him or her a good leader. Which quality do you share with him or her? Give an example of how you used the same quality in your life experience.
After you’ve completed your application and submitted your essay, you will be notified via email if your child has been accepted and enrolled into the program. Not all applicants will be accepted but will be added to the waitlist in case of any cancellations.
Failure to complete all application requirements of the program will result in the cancellation of your child's enrollment.
LAUNCH ACADEMY’S GOAL
Our goal is to provide a summer enrichment program that empowers each participant by providing activities that are rooted in the following principles:
University of California Office of the President (UCOP)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Center X
Baldwin Bethany Community Development Corporation (BBCDC)